Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Thursday, January 30, 2014


I'm really excited to start doing a monthly favorites segment on Sealed with a Swatch. I think it will bring great content to this blog and help some of the postings be a little more regular. Some of you may know that I have been working out and changing my diet. That affects makeup because I haven't been wearing it nearly as much since I started my gym adventures. This is mostly due to the fact that I am not going to be one of those girls who wears makeup to the gym. I usually do not have effort to apply makeup after the gym excursion either. I'm hoping to find a good place in my day to fit makeup in again because I'm really missing it. That being said, let me talk about the products that I did actually find myself reaching for this month. 

Let's just start at the top of the photo!

Tarte Exposed Blush
If I was stuck on a stranded island and could only bring one blush, I would choose Exposed. The color is a mauvey brown that comes off as a really natural color. It's perfect for a variety of looks, including no makeup makeup and smokey eyes. I enjoy the fact that the color is very buildable, rather than attacking my face with pigment. Just really been loving this blush!

Maybelline Color Elixirs
Another product I'm really digging this month are the new Maybelline Color Elixirs. They are supposed to be a type of liquid lipstick. I find the color to be fairly opaque for being a liquid. These elixirs have a really pleasant smell that makes me want to wear them all the time. The two shades I've been using are Caramel Infused and Mauve Mystique. The staying power isn't anything mind blowing, but I really don't mind with these.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
You all know I'm obsessed with rose golds, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that I have been using Naked 3 almost elusively for my eyeshadows lately. I love that the colors in the palette go together really well. It makes putting eyeshadow combos together simple. Naked 3 looks gorgeous on my eyes, so I'm really loving it this month.

Mac Eyebrow Pencil
This pencil isn't revolutionary, but I've really been using it a lot. I think the main reason is that the color is just about perfect for my hair. My hair is still in transition back to my natural color, so it's been a struggle to keep a good looking brow color going on. This Mac pencil blends easily and creates a good everyday brow.

Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
Some of my may know that my eyelids are oil bombs. It is really difficult for me to keep my eyeshadow from creasing. I picked up this point pot hoping for a solution to my dilemma. I'm not going to act like my eyeshadow doesn't crease with this paint pot because it still does. The difference is that I get to enjoy my eyeshadow longer before it creases. The Paint Pot also makes it easier to blend out eyeshadows. 

Mac Fluidline Cream liner
If you've read my posts for awhile, you know that I've always used Inglot's gel liner. Well, mine dried out so I was in the market for a new one to try out. My mom swears by the Mac fluidline, so I figured it was worth it to check it out. Especially since she said she'd take it if it didn't work out for me. Seemed like a safe situation to go ahead and try out the liner. I like that it glides on smoothly. It also lasts all day, long after my eyeshadow has creased and melted off my eyes. It is pretty comparable to the Inglot gel liner I was using except the Inglot black was a blacker black. I'm still loving this liner this month.

Tarte Mattenificient Palette 
This whole palette is matte, what couldn't there be to love? I've found myself using this palette a lot both for its awesomely large mirror and for the soft sultry everyday looks it allows me to product. The blusher included in the palette is a good everyday blush that is a hair lighter than Tarte's Exposed that I already mentioned earlier. 


I hope you have enjoyed reading about my favorite products for the month of January!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -