Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Sunday, August 4, 2013



As a little girl, I often watched The Little Mermaid. I loved her quirky personality and her voice. The colors really stood out to me, even as a little girl. I loved the aquas, teals, and turquoises. I'd brush my mermaid doll and wish I was so free and able to roam the ocean searching for treasures. So, naturally when I saw this palette was coming out from Sephora, I was very very giddy. It made the perfect graduation gift!

The first photo above shows what the palette looks like on the front. It shows Ariel's outline and some of her objects she collects. It has a really lovely shine that makes this palette great for sitting out on my vanity.


The actually eyeshadows pull out and have a popable tray so you can remove it to keep the ariel packaging. I have to thank Sephora for this lovely development in packaging. I will definitely keep the packaging from this palette for a jewelry box or something of the sort. 

The palette comes with 20 eyeshadows in a variety of shades and finishes. I appreciate the fact that some shadows are light colored and others are darker. I like the fact that there are also mattes in here. Some of the shadows are more of a sheen, while others have a little more glitter to them. 

Gripes: The Sha La La color doesn't really match Ariel's hair at all. I would have loved a vibrant red in this palette. It seems to be missing. Even the "Sebastian" color is orange, which doesn't match him at all. 

Swatches:
All of these swatches were taken in natural lighting without flash. The swatches are on bare skin without primer or a white base.



 Row One:
From left to right:
Blue Lagoon, Scuttle, Flounder,Sebastian, Flotsam

The lighter colors are pretty hard to see on my fair skin. They may pop on someone with darker skin. It took a little more to build up the lighter colors.


Row Two:
Sea Shells, Les Poissons, Caspian Sea, Your Voice, Unfortunate Souls

I didn't have any problems with color pay off from this row. All of the shades went on smoothly.


Row Three:
Atlantica, Fins, Sick of Swimmin', Ursula, Sha La La

No problems with pigmentation in this row either.


Row Four:
Triton, Wanderin' Free, Jetsam, Sea Witch, Treasures Untold

I want to just say that I love the Sea Witch purple. It's so vibrant and pretty.

Palette Thoughts:
I have to say that I am a fan of this palette. The colors are fun and lively, perfect for summer! Most of the colors are very vibrant and pigmented. There are only a few duds (the lighter colors aren't as pigmented).

I haven't had a whole lot of fallout with this palette. There has been some, but nothing that can't be worked around. 

I do find that the palette gets really messy from the colors. The shadows are very soft and tend to crumble a little when you put your brush into them. This creates a bit of a mess on the actual palette. If you hate messy palettes, you may want to stray from the Ariel palette. 

I found that the shadows were pretty easy to work with. They seem to blend pretty well. Some of the vibrancy can be lost on some of the colors when you blend. I just pack more color onto it. Easy!

The palette retails for $55 and is currently sold out online. You will be able to purchase this palette in Sephora stores any day now. Make sure to call your Sephora to see if it is in stock.

Would I repurchase? If it wasn't LE, I would probably buy a second one if this ran out.



The Ariel Mirror! 
It came in a cute little box that I promptly opened and discarded.


The packaging of this compact mirror is very sturdy. It has some weight to it, so if you are after a light weight mirror, I would not recommend this. The compact features Ariel and Eric in the Blue Lagoon. The packaging is blue and green, which I think suits the film very well.



The inside of the mirror says "You've got to be you". I think it is a cute nice touch for the mirror. One side of the mirror is a little more magnifying. I find it is helpful when I am doing my eyeshadow and want to be up close to my eye. 

I really love this mirror. It has already found a nice place in my purse and has been used constantly. 

Let me know what your thoughts are on this collection!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -