Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Sunday, August 4, 2013

 Hello everyone! I finally decided to finish up my Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick review. I had been putting it off because I was hoping my opinion on this product would change, but it did not. Above you can see the four shades that I have: Dollhouse Pink, Just Peachy, Rosebud, and Purty Persimmon. There are a lot more colors in the line, but I only picked up these four. These retail for about $1.99 at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. 

Packaging: 5/10 The packaging to the Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks is nothing special. They come in these black tubes with a clear plastic lid. The clear lid is nice because you can see the color. Despite this, I find that the lipstick often touches the clear lid, making it look nasty. The lipstick is very flat, as you can tell. 

Here are swatches of the four colors. 

These lipsticks are very pigmented, as you can tell by the swatches. They are also very matte.


Rosebud is a dusty rose color.


Dollhouse Pink is a very bright, cool toned pink.



 Just Peachy is my favorite color of these. It is a great peach for my pale skin tone. 


Purty Persimmon is a orange/red color. 

Review: 

Application: 5/10
I find that the WetnWild Megalast Lipsticks are difficult to apply due to their flat shape. I often find myself ending up outside of the lines and having to wipe it off. The lipsticks are very thick and tend to stick to every line and dry patch in my lips. I do not find that these blend very well with my lips either due to the thickness and heavy pigmentation. They block out your entire lips, so you have to be careful with the application. 

Pigmentation: 10/10
No doubt that these WetnWild Megalast Lipsticks are pigmented. They are incredibly pigmented to the point of blocking out your entire lip color. For the price, you can't beat the pigmentation.

Texture: 6/10
These lipsticks are 100% matte. If you like that, great! If not, you won't like these. The texture is very thick and heavy. I can definitely feel these sitting on my lips. Kinda feels like you have some thick food stuck to your lips. These lipsticks are incredibly drying. I find that even with adding vaseline, they are still fairly drying. If your lips never get dry, go for these.

Lasting Power ?
I am unsure how to rate these on lasting power because my lips always become so dry that I end up wiping them off after about an hour or so. 

Color Selection: 9/10
This range of lipsticks comes in a variety of colors from reds, purple, neutrals, and pinks. 


Overall: 6.5/10
These lipsticks are very pigmented, but they are very very drying. I find these to be hard to apply. I would not repurchase these. Let me know what you think of these!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -