Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wet n Wild has always been known for being one of the better drugstore brands. Their products have always been a great bang for the buck. I was always a fan of the pigmentation on their eyeshadows. So, it was no surprise when I caught sight of the new Wet n Wild 5 pan eyeshadows at my local CVS that I had to have them. They were around $4 if I remember right, so it was pretty affordable as usual. 



Tunnel Vision, the gray WnW Powder Play Coloricon palette really jumped out at me. It looked like the colors would be really great for a smokey eye. I also like the way the shadows look in the small palette. It would be a great one to travel with.


These swatches of Tunnel Vision were taken on bare skin without any primer. I found that Tunnel Vision had OK pigmentation. It definitely is less pigmented than the older Wet n Wild formula. It took a little more to buildup the colors on my eyes. I also found that Tunnel Vision had a tendency to fade throughout the day, even when over primer. 


The Naked Truth palette also jumped out at me. I figured it would be really great as a back up palette to keep in my purse for those makeup emergencies. I especially loved the color marked "crease". 


The Naked Truth was less pigmented than Tunnel Vision. I was really disappointed with the pigmentation. The shadows out of The Naked Truth were very muddy on the eyes. The colors all seemed to come out about the same once applied. The shadows also faded considerably on me. 


Overall, I would not recommend either of these two palettes. The pigmentation is weak in my opinion. If you can get your hands on Wet n Wild Comfort Zone, do so. It has superior pigmentation and staying power.

xoxo,
Shelly

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -