Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Thursday, March 6, 2014


I recently posted on Instagram asking what type of posts you all wanted to see next. Someone mentioned wanting to see a skincare routine post. Let me start out by saying I'm not a skincare expert at all. These are just the products that I have found work for me. Your mileage may vary (YMMV). I have very oily skin all over my face. My skin tends to get dehydrated easily due to the dry climate that I am in. All of the products I use can be found at the drugstore.


CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser is the face wash that I use. I use it two times a day, once in the morning and  once at night. What I love about this cleanser is that it doesn't OVER clean or over dry my face. It makes my skin feel clean, while not stripping it down completely. Your skin shouldn't feel tight at all after you cleanse it. If it does, your face wash is too harsh. My skin feels really healthy and fresh after I wash with this cleanser. I use warm water and foam the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser up in my hands and gently rub it into my skin using circular motions. 


Here are the ingredients. The first ingredient is purified water. 


I use one pump of the CeraVe into my hand. It is clear and looks like the photo above. I then lather it up and put it on my face. I rinse in warm water and gently pat dry with a towel.


The second step in my routine involves the Stridex alcohol free pads. I like these as a nice chemical exfoliant. The pad is nice because it shows how much gunk comes off my face. Pretty cool! I simply take one pad and rub it onto my face, avoiding my eyes and mouth. 


Here are the ingredients for those curious. 


Once my face is all dry, I apply some CeraVe moisturizing cream to my face. The amount I use depends on how dehydrated I feel my skin has been lately. No matter how much I use, it always sinks into my skin easily. It doesn't make my skin feel heavy or anything, which is definitely a huge plus.


When I'm all done, this is how my face looks. It's ready for makeup application!

Let me know what you think down below.
xoxo,
Shelly


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -