Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hey everyone! I have a tutorial that I am really excited to share! As someone with brown eyes, I sometimes want to enhance my eye color to really make my eyes pop. There are a lot of different ways to do that, so I thought I'd share a few of them over the course of this week. Here's one using olive greens!


Start with your bare eye. I already did my brow for this tutorial.


You will need a gold eyeshadow base. I'm using this Maybelline Color Tattoo.


Apply the gold base all over your lid. This will act as something sticky for our shadows to stick to. The gold base will help bring out the brown eyes more. I blended this base with my clean finger.


Get a gold eyeshadow for this step. I'm using Undiscovered from the Lorac Unzipped Palette.


Get a flat shader brush to pack on the color. I'm using this one by Sigma.


 Working from the inner corner, I patted on the gold shadow over the base. I mostly focused the color on the inner 1/3 or 1/4 of the lid.


For this next step you will need a green eyeshadow. I'm using this gorgeous Olive Green pigment by Mac.


For this step you want to load up that same shader brush with the green color.


I went ahead and sprayed my brush with Mac Fix + to get the shadow wet. The wet shadow will show up more vibrantly on the lid.


I packed the color on the remaining part of the lid using that shader brush. You want to make sure you overlap the green and the gold to get a blend. Don't worry too much about the shape yet because we are going to blend in the crease.


Get a mid tone taupe or brown. I'm using Unspoken from the Lorac Unzipped palette.


You're going to need a blending brush for this step. I'm using this one by Real Techniques.


Taking the blending brush, pat it into the mid tone shadow and work the color through the crease, blending in windshield wiper and little circle motions. When you're done, the eye should look something like this.


For this step, we are going to tightline. I like to tightline using a flat brush like this one by Essence. You can also use gel liner or a kohl pencil.


For this step, you will want to tightline with a brown color. I'm using this one from the Lorac Unzipped palette.


Make sure you are pushing the color into the lashes to really get them dark. We don't want gaps in our mascara!


Now we're going to work on the lower lash line. I'm coming back to this Mac Olive Green pigment.


Take the olive green color and a flat, small brush to gently work the color on the middle portion of the lower lash line. It should look something like this.


Take that same mid tone brown for this step.


Take the mid tone brown on a small, flat brush for the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line. Make sure you blend it with the olive green to make a flawless transition.


Curl your lashes and add your mascara. Enjoy how vibrant your brown eyes will look!



You can see the green really pulls out the brightness in the brown eye!
Stay tuned this week for more tutorials for brown eyes!



Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -