Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hi everyone! Today I have a review on the NYX Powder Blushes in Cinnamon and Desert Rose. These blushes can be purchased at NYX's website or at Ulta.com or Ulta stores. The blushes are reasonably priced, around $5 or so. I thought since I have been hanging on to these for about a year that I should do a full review on them.
Details:
You get 0.18 oz of product (5.2 grams)
Comes in 12 different shades
Can purchase here
$4.99





Swatches in natural lighting/no flash/blended out
Swatches taken with flash/blended out



Cinnamon



Color is a bright orange. It is not completely matte, it has a bit of a shine to it. The color would be most appropriate for darker skin tones. It pulls very orange on me.

 Desert Rose



Color has some shimmer and shine to it. Somewhat purple colored. Very pigmented. 

Review:
Texture: 7/10

The biggest reason for the decrease in points in this section is that these blushes are very powdery. They crumble very easily when you dip your brush into them. You ALWAYS have to tap off the excess to avoid picking up too much product. 

Pigmentation: 10/10

These blushes are INCREDIBLY pigmented. When I say this, I mean that these are the most pigmented blushes that I own. They are so pigmented that it can easily become a problem when using them. You have to make sure to pick up the smallest amount to begin with and make sure you tap off any excess color. I often will have to take a kabuki brush and blend out the color due to how pigmented they are. 

Blendability: 8/10


The NYX blushes blend somewhat easily. The biggest issue with blending is that it can easily become out of control due to the fallout and high pigmentation. You really have to apply a small amount, blend, and then apply more and blend again. These are not the easiest product to blend. 

Color Selection: 6/10

NYX Powder Blushes come in 12 shades. Despite this, I have found that most of the colors fall into the pink family. There is not a huge difference in some of the colors, leading to a lower rating in this area. If you are a huge fan of pink blushes, you would probably enjoy the color selection of this line. 

Fall out: 7/10

These blushes definitely have fallout due to their powdery texture. You really have to be careful and TAP OFF YOUR BRUSH.

Lasting Power: 8/10

I haven't noticed any problems with the lasting power of these blushes. They get me through an 8 hour work shift just fine. 

Overall 7/10

I am not super crazy about these blushes, but they are OK. Their intense pigmentation can be somewhat problematic as well. I do not think that I would repurchase any of their blushes because I find they are somewhat of a hassle to work with because of the pigmentation and fallout. Do I hate them? Not at all. I just don't find myself reaching for these blushes that much.

If you have an opinion on these, let me know below!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -