Posted by : SealedwithaSwatch Tuesday, January 7, 2014


Today I have a review featuring the Violet Voxbox from Influenster. The box was sent for me for free to review. All of the thoughts below are still my own. I will give you an honest idea of what I think of each product.


Goody Athletique Hair Band:

This is a hairband that is supposed to be geared towards athletes. The hairband claims to not slide in your hair. The back of the hairband is velcro, so you can adjust it to fit your head. I thought this was a nice feature, as my head is a tad bit on the smaller side. When I tightened the headwrap, I noticed that the velcro would stick out very unflattering, so if you have a smaller head you might not want to wear your hair up with it. 


The Good Athletique hair band did not slide in my hair for the most part. I would occasionally need to adjust it, but it wasn't nearly to the same extent as other hairbands I have tried. It was comfortable to wear and I find myself reaching for it a lot on cold days. I would recommend this hairband.



SoyJoy

Influenster also included this SoyJoy snack bar. I have to say that this bar was really good. It reminded me of a healthier Fig Newton. It didn't have any chalky taste or anything. I think it would make a really nice pre or post workout snack.


The SoyJoy bar is only 140 calories. I don't think that's too bad, since the bar tastes good and is healthier for you compared to a candy bar. I would definitely purchase these for snacks to eat at work.


Montagne Jeunesse Red Earth Clay Spay Mask

The next item I received in the Violet Voxbox was a red earth clay spa mask. Let me leave a disclaimer here saying that I never use masks. I'm probably not that good at describing what the mask is like. 


The mask came in this adorable little package. Inside the package was a mask that looked like the photo below. I really felt like the clay man from that super hero show when I was younger. The mask had a nice feeling on the skin. It felt soothing.


The instructions said to apply the mask onto clean skin and to let it sit for awhile. I let it sit for about 20 minutes before I rubbed it into my skin. I really felt like I had no idea what I was doing. 


When I rinsed off the Red Clay mask, my skin felt soft and smooth. It did not irritate my skin. That being said, I didn't really notice any other benefits other than the softness. I'm not that into skincare, so maybe there are other benefits that I'm just not that aware of.


Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish

The next product I received was the Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish in the shade Vanity Flare. I used two coats to achieve this level of opacity. I really LOVE how shiny the polish is. It was super shiny before I even put on a top coat. I received numerous compliments on my nails. The polish applied easily and dried easily. The only issue I had came with the wear time. After less than 2 days, I noticed chipping even with my top coat on it. I do use my finger nails a lot at work, but this polish didn't hold up as well as my ORLY or Zoya polishes. I was very sad to see how much it had chipped so quickly. I think this polish would be good for just a night out, but I wouldn't count on it to hold up during the week.


Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

I normally stray from dry shampoos because they tend to over dry my hair out. It was nice to get to try out another dry shampoo. I really enjoy the fresh, airy scent of this shampoo. I do notice that it dries the ends of my hair out, but it does a great job at controlling oil near my scalp. I think that if you aren't happy with your dry shampoo, you should give this one a go. I love it for the days when I just want to freshen up my hair. 

These are all of the products I received from Influenster to try out. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions down below!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Total Pageviews

C. Sealed with a Swatch. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © Sealed -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -